Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Whimseybox July 2014 Subscription Box

Whimseybox " is the monthly subscription and ecommerce shop for the DIY and craft community". Each month they will send a box full of  all the supplies needed to complete a DIY craft project. Boxes are $15 a month (including shipping). When I signed up for a Whimseybox account they sent an email to get my first box for only $10.

This is what I received
:

July's project is a jewelry making kit. Anyone who knows me, knows I never wear jewelry..LOL  not even a wedding ring!  So I did get a laugh that of all the DIY projects out there I would get a jewelry craft. I will however attempt this project (necklace) and if it turns out great you know what I will be giving away for Christmas!  LOL 

Inside the box: Glue, Ear Posts (for earrings), Snake Chain (for necklace), Bail,  Sculpey Oven Bake Clay (1 white, 1 purple), Glass Glitter,  Razor (for cutting the clay)

Overall review of the box: Of course there was a bit of disappointment with this being a jewelry craft, but will give it a try. There was also an issue with late shipment delays on this months boxes. (July box didn't arrive until Aug 5th) With that said, in reading past reviews of Whimseybox there are a lot of positive comments and people enjoy trying new crafts. Hopefully I will be one of them and don't end up with a giant mess!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment