Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hatchery July 2014 Subscription Box

Hatchery "delivers small-batch artisan ingredients and condiments to your doorstep every month." This is my third Hatchery box..as with the first two boxes ,the packaging and presentation were wonderful.  Even the tasting guide is beautiful, including a short story about the founders of each company and recipe suggestions.  Such great thought and care is taken into preparing this box to be sent out. Boxes are $20 a month, but they do run promotions all the time to try your first box for $10. 

This is what I received in my July box (slight delay in delivery this month so didn't receive it until Aug 6th):

LAFAZA VANILLAS (Oakland, CA)- Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean ..I always look at the vanilla beans in the spice aisles but I have never used one before. I was very excited to get this and can't wait to use it.

BELLA NUT BUTTERS (New Orleans, LA)- Sunflower Maca Cinnamon Honey Nut Butter ...Opened this one right away to taste it as I have never had a sunflower butter before. It's very good and I'm already trying to think of a good way to use it. I have always loved peanut butter on warm French toast so may try some of this instead.

NOT KETCHUP (Santa Monica, CA) - Cherry Chipotle Dipping Sauce.. Love the description of this (cherries, chipotle peppers, apple cider vinegar and red onion)..I am going to be making some mushroom nut burgers that I think this will go perfect with!

MODERN GINGHAM PRESERVES (Denver, CO)-  Coffee'd Tart Cherry...Montmorency cherries blended with coffee liqueur and organic strawberries... YUM!  Suggested recipe is  a Plum Crustada but I think I am going to make an apple pie and mix some into it.. :)

FOGG CITY SPICE CO (San Francisco,CA) - Smokey BBQ Seasoning ..Has a great smokey smell..I know Barry will really enjoy this. He loves experimenting with new spices and rubs.

OTHER BROTHER COMPANY (San Francisco, CA)- Growers Blend "Shorty" Extra Virgin Oil Oil..I had already been planning on making some bruschetta very soon..I will include this into it!

Overall review of this box:  Hatchery never disappoints! Always such a great mix in every box. I love that it really gets me excited about trying new recipes and ingredients. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment