Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Graze August 2014 (Box 5) Subscription Box

The Graze subscription box is a portion controlled snack box. You receive 4 snacks in each box for a price of $6 (including shipping!). You can choose to receive the boxes anywhere from once a month to every week ($6 per box). You can cancel at anytime. You can use a fellow Graze members referral code and receive your 1st and 5th box FREE.  You can go through the Graze snack list and read each description and "trash" the ones you are not interested in trying.  I try to keep all my snacks in the 150 and below calorie range and also watch the sugar grams. This was my 5th box so this was one FREE!  If you would like to try a FREE box please feel free to use my referral code/link: https://www.graze.com/us/p/BARRYF3NU   

This is what I received in this box: 

JALAPENO HOT CHIPS -  (Jalapeno jam with flax tortilla chips) 70 calories, 7g sugar ... hoping that the jalapeno jam has some spice to it!

SALSA CORN CHIPS - (Cilantro and lime salsa with flax tortilla chips) 60 calories, 2g sugar ....My Graze box came just in time for a snack today and this is the one I chose. I really liked the flax tortilla chips..I do like a spicier salsa though..this one I found to be too sweet. Added a few drops of hot sauce and that helped a little. Will end up "trashing" this option.  Would love to see some spicier options in the future.
 
APPLE & CINNAMON FLAPJACK - (Rustic rolled oat flapjack with apple and cinnamon) 240 calories,  16g sugar...I received a flapjack option in my last Graze box and really enjoyed them. Since they are over the calories and sugar grams I like to be at for a snack, what I ended up doing  is instead of using it as only 1 snack I stretched them out into 3 snacks. I either paired 1 flapjack with some fresh fruit or a couple raw nuts.  :)

EL PICANTE - (Paprika baguettes, spicy chili peanuts and jumbo corn) 130 calories, less than 1g sugar ... I can already tell I will like this one...!

Overall review of this box:  This was a good box, with a nice mix of flavors.  Just wished that the salsa would have had some heat to it.  As always though I love when my Graze box arrives and look forward to the next one in a couple weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment