Monday, July 21, 2014

Tique Box July 2014 Subscription Box "Backyard BBQ"

Tique Box is a monthly subscription box that is "filled with Portland's best hand-crafted local treasures."  Boxes are $34 a month (including shipping).  There is a promotion to receive $5 off the August box with the code $5OFFAUG

Portland has always been a city that I have wanted to travel to. When I first heard of Tique Box I immediately liked their Facebook page. A couple of months ago on the Tique Box Facebook page they ran a contest to help come up with the theme for the July box. The winner would receive a FREE box. I submitted a couple of ideas.  My theme of "Backyard BBQ" was chosen as the winning theme! So I was very excited when I was notified that "my" box was on it's way. :)

This is what is inside the box:

Fatdog Inc - (Sweet & Spicy with a Horseradish & Jalapeno bite Handcrafted Mustard!) ... I am a mustard fanatic. I have at least 10 different kinds of mustard in my frig at all times. Right now there is British, Creole, several Dijon's, Course Ground,  Honey Mustard, Yellow of course...and now Fatdog! This was the first thing I opened out of the box. I had no pretzels so had to go straight in with my finger..LOL  Loved it! You get the sweetness first and then the horseradish just takes over. Thinking of all the wonderful things I can use this for...pretzels, veggie dogs, sandwiches..even thinking it will make a nice side dipper to some homemade baked coconut shrimp.

ZenShine -  (Coco Lime Balm) ...I love lip balms. This one has such a nice pleasant lime scent to it that you can almost imagine yourself laying on a beach somewhere. Went on very smooth and leaves the lips feeling very soft.

Wooly Beast Design - (Locavore Shea Butter Soap) ..I have sensitive skin and usually use a goat milk soap. So I am excited to try this as I have never used anything with shea butter before.

YoshiniG Creative - (Butterfly print Note Card) ..This is a very simple but beautiful butterfly card.  I'm sure that whoever I choose to send it to, it will put a smile on their face when they open it.

Saucy Beast -(Smoked Habanero N Mango Sauce).. First bite you think it's kinda sweet and not too bad..then the habanero flavor punches your tongue! LOL  I already know I will be using this on some BBQ shrimp kabobs for myself! Whenever I make homemade wings for Barry he always says "they could be hotter"..We will see if he still says that when I mix in some Saucy Beast!  LOL *evil grin*

Vance Family Soy Candles -(Portland Rose scent) ...This is a lovely candle, love the little tin that it comes in. Candles are made with pure essential oils & organic flavor oils. The label is made with recycled paper. However, I will be giving this away as I am very sensitive to floral smells. Had it been a coconut, lemon, or vanilla scent instead I would have kept it for sure.

Overall review of the box: So much fun getting to discover parts of Portland without leaving my couch. Of course I still want to visit the city, but this is such a fun way of getting to learn more about the people there. I know Barry was hoping with the BBQ theme there would be more sauces, rubs & BBQ tools..LOL  but I liked the mix of products.  If you want to get a taste of Portland delivered to your house, don't forget to use the $5OFFAUG code for the August Tique Box!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimm! So glad you liked the Tique Box and a little bit of Portland :-) I make the candles and, though it seemed fitting to send Portland Rose candles (since Portland is "the City of Roses"), I, too would much prefer a coconut candle any day to a rose! I would love to send you a candle that YOU would actually use! If you private message me on my facebook page (Vance Family Soy Candles) I'll send some your way! I hope you like them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy...! I am saving the rose candle to go in a floral themed gift basket for a friend. I can't wait to get one of your coconut candles. The smell of coconut always makes me happy.. That is very nice of you to send it. :)

      Delete