Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hatchery June 2014 Subscription Box

Hatchery "delivers small-batch artisan ingredients and condiments to your doorstep every month." This is my second Hatchery box..as with the first box ,the packaging and presentation were wonderful.  Even the tasting guide is beautiful, including a short story about the founders of each company and recipe suggestions.  Such great thought and care is taken into preparing this box to be sent out. Boxes are $20 a month, but they do run promotions all the time to try your first box for $10.  I actually won this month's box in an online giveaway!  (Thank you "The Simple Moms"!)

This is what I received in my June box:

 EMPIRE MAYONNAISE (Brooklyn, NY)- White Truffle Mayonnaise ..I love anything truffle! It was the first thing I opened, had to dip my finger for a quick taste! LOL.. Very good and going to use some tonight on my homemade tuna patties

SAUCY SISTER (Vista, CA)- Virgin Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Sauce ...I love that one of the recipe suggestions is for "adult milkshakes"..LOL.. I already know that Barry will be trying this on some ice cream ASAP.. will save same to use on a homemade apple pie for the 4th of July.

BILL'S BEST BBQ (Glenside, PA) - Original BBQ Sauce..Recipe suggestion is for "BBQ Peel N Eat Shrimp" ... which gives me the idea to use it on the shrimp kabobs I am making also for the 4th of July

DIANE'S SWEET HEAT (McKinleyville, CA)-  Mango Habanero Jam... Cannot wait to try this..thinking I will use it on a sandwich, like maybe on a Gruyere grilled cheese! Mmmm

ARETTE (Sunnyvale,CA) - Tea Seed Oil ..Thinking this would be great in some sort of a stir fry ..as also suggested as a recipe idea.

WHOLE SPICE (Napa Valley, CA)- Paella Spice Mix..I immediately smelled this when I opened the box..the smoked paprika is such a wonderful scent. I have never made Paella before, might be the perfect time to try.  I also really  like their recipe suggestion of a "Spanish Frittata with Asparagus and Manchego"..

Overall review of this box:  What's not to LOVE?!..This is a foodies dream box! New companies & brands to try & new recipes to experiment with. I love everything about it!!..

. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment