Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hatchery May 2014 Subscription Box

Hatchery "delivers small-batch artisan ingredients and condiments to your doorstep every month." This is my first Hatchery box..I had read about how wonderful the packaging and presentation were on previous boxes..and now I can also confirm that to be true. Even the tasting guide is beautiful, including a short story about the founders of each company and recipe suggestions.  Such great thought and care is taken into preparing this box to be sent out. Boxes are $20 but I was able to use a discount code and received my first box for only $10 (shipping included).  I was so excited to see my box had finally come. This is what I received:

OLIVELLE  (Bozeman, MT)- Toasted Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar ..how good does that sound?! 

OLIVELLE (Bozeman, MT)- Tahitian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil ...excited to use it, just not sure on what yet..LOL

STUART & CO (Brooklyn, NY) - Spice Rub (pork).. will be trying this on a pork roast for Barry

KING KNISH (San Francisco, CA)- Five Spice(y) Ketchup ...not sure what I will be using this for yet...love Five Spice so I know it will be great on anything

THE FRENCH CONNECTION (Ashland, OR) - Lori's Salt Caramel Syrup ..suggested recipe for this was: Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Greek Yogurt and Salt Caramel Syrup..!  We used it drizzled over some homemade banana cake..DELICIOUS!

HEIDI'S SALSA (Los Angeles, CA)- Happy Medium Salsa ...made with Hatch green chilies, had to open it and try it right away! Delicious..I like things ridiculously spicy...for only being medium it had a nice kick to it. Enjoyed it over an egg, power greens, cheese& crushed tortilla omelet... YUM!

Overall review of this box: LOVED it from the moment I opened it.. Such a great mix of new, to me,  products to try.. I am going to have a lot of fun coming up with new recipes using all of these wonderful ingredients. Highly recommend trying a box for yourself or giving as a gift!  Hatchery still has a current code to receive you 1st box for $10, it is: START10



No comments:

Post a Comment