Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Try the World Subscription Box - Holiday Box 2014

Try the World is the "first gourmet tour around the world delivered to your door" box. Boxes are $38.99 a month. They do from time to time run special discounts or promotions. I came across a promotion to purchase their Paris Box and receive their Holiday Box for FREE. I couldn't pass it up. Paris Box came first, LOVED it. Holiday Box came about a week later.

This is what I received in the Holiday Box:

URBANI TARTUFI (Truffle products) ... Love the favor of truffles so was very excited to  see these. I received two truffle chocolate pieces. One white chocolate, one dark chocolate. The truffle taste was stronger in the white but both were equally delicious. I also received a one time use sample of "fine olive oil with white truffle essence" .. Still trying to decide what to use it on! :)

RIP VAN WAFELS (Traditional Dutch waffles) ..There were 2 waffles in the box. One traditional, which I have had before and already know is delicious. The other was a cocoa filled one, it was good but still prefer the traditional. They are chewy and crispy and best paired with a nice cup of tea or coffee.

 DOCE DE LEITE (Milky spreads) ..These come from Brazil and come in three different flavors: Doce de Leite com Amexia (prune flavor) , Doce de Leite, ("sweet milk"),  Doce de Leite com Coco (coconut). Suggestion for these is to use them on toast, crepes, ice cream or fruit. I was disappointed to see that they are made with Splenda. So will be passing these along to someone else.

LE PALAIS DES THES (Fine teas) ... I love trying new teas...also had this brand in the Paris Box

ANNA'S (Swedish Thins-Ginger) ..I've had the Anna's cookies before, but not the ginger flavor. They are really crispy and good. I crushed a couple and added them to some Greek yogurt. They also go very nicely as a snack with a cup of tea. (6 cookies in 1 serving)

LES CONFITURES A L'ANCIENNE (Hot Chocolate powder- France) ..You can smell the cocoa through the package. I am saving these to have on Christmas Eve while I am watching my "A Christmas Story" marathon!

FAVARGER (Swiss chocolate) ... Nothing bad you can say about Swiss chocolate. It's so creamy and delicious! It was hard to limit myself to just a couple squares at a time! LOL

MYSTERY TREAT: Every box comes with a "mystery treat" ...I was really hoping for the Baci that was featured in several pictures of the holiday. In Canada it could be found everywhere and Barry loved it. Here in the US, we haven't found it yet.  Sadly we didn't get it though instead we got:

RESERVA DE MINAS(Geleia de Pessego..peach preserves, peach jam- Brazil):  It's a cute little jar, nicely packaged of what I translate to be peach jam.  Haven't tried it yet. Thinking it may be very nice though used as a glaze for Ina Garten's Apple Galette..her recipe calls for Apricot Jelly or Jam. Thinking the peach would make a great substitution. Will be making it for Christmas Eve

Overall review of this box: Didn't love it , but liked it very much. Was more intrigued with the Paris Box.  It was packaged beautifully though and I appreciate the opportunity of getting to try the boxes with the special pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment