Thursday, October 2, 2014

Mary's Secret Ingredients Fall 2014 Subscription Box

Mary's Secret Ingredients is "a limited edition culinary surprise box containing unique gourmet, artisanal ingredients, and small kitchen products." It is a seasonal box offered 4 times a year. The price is $25.95 (shipping included).  This was my first box, the Fall box.  I ordered it at the end of July so I have been anxiously awaiting it's Sept 25th ship date! Winter boxes are now on sale and will be shipped Nov 25th. Order now before they sell out!

This is what I received in my first box:

CALPHALON (Nylon Turner with Serrated Edge)... Love all kitchen gadgets! I don't have anything like this so I am excited to use it!

FALKSALT (Sprinkle Falksalt Crystal Flakes Citron ..Product of Cyprus by way of Sweden) ...I think this is my favorite item. LOVE anything lemon. Will be using this on roasted veggies for sure and maybe even on eggs or ice cream!

HARMONIAN (Kalamata PDO Extra Virgin Olive Oil ..Product of Greece) ...Love kalamatas.. thinking this might make a wonderful vinaigrette! Another product I am so excited to use!

KIND (Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond Bar 200 calories, 5g sugar).. Big fan of the Kind products. Had never tried this flavor before. Enjoyed it very much today for my midday snack.

CHELSEA MARKET BASKETS/ KALK BAY SPICES (Smolder Spice Grinder ..Product of South Africa)).. Barry already claimed this item and will be using it. I am not a big fan of smoked flavorings but he is.  It is made with Smoked Salt, Smoked Paprika, Smoked Garlic, & Smoked Peppercorns

THE PANTRY CLUB (Spinach Dip Mix) ...I have a favorite Spinach Dip recipe already..but will gladly give this a try. It says all you need is the seasonings, sour cream and a little mayo but I may add some chopped frozen spinach as well. Now if I could just find those pretzel spoons (yes spoons made out of pretzels!..LOL)  in my grocery store I would be all set!  LOL

TOVOLO (The Perfect Poach..20 bags) ..They promise to make perfectly poached eggs. Something I have never been able to do!  LOL  Barry has already requested that I try them out for our Sunday morning breakfast together. Hopefully I don't end up with just a pot of egg drop soup!  LOL

Overall review of the box: LOVED it. So many great new items to try!  Can't wait to see what is in the Winter box! Again the Winter Box is on sale now, but won't ship until Nov 25th.  There is only a limited amount of boxes each season. So grab it now before it's too late! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment